Meet the Team!
Bryan McGinness (Owner, CEO WineStyles Tasting Station)
- Had aspirations of being a Chef - just didn't want the late hours.
- Has three sisters and one brother (he's the oldest!)
- During college, he sold books (door-to-door) one summer in North Carolina.
- Favorite Food: Loves all food!
- Favorite Wine: Italian Reds
- Favorite Beer: IPAs
- Hometown: Mt. Vernon, Iowa
Andrea McGinness (Owner, COO WineStyles Tasting Station)
- Once thought she'd be a nun.
- Has read the book, "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon, at least 10 times!
- Nearly started a fire in college trying to cook fried chicken.
- Favorite Food: Anything she doesn't have to cook herself.
- Favorite Wine: French whites - She loves red wines, but they don't like her (migraines.)
- Favorite Beer: Samuel Smith's Outmeal Stout and Murphy's Irish Stout.
- Hometown: Center Point, Iowa (Grew up in Cedar Rapids, though)
Ashleigh (Marketing and Communications Admin. WineStyles Tasting Station)
- Owns a pet bird (parakeet) named Thorea.
- Loves to travel. Favorite trip so far was to St. Moritz, Switzerland and snowboarding on the Swiss Alps.
- Speaks German as a 2nd language. Studied abroad from 2006-2007 in Potsdam, Germany. Studied German as double-major at ISU and still practices the language today.
- Was once attacked by a high jump mat at a track in high school. As she was practicing her jump, the wind was so strong that the high jump mat was lifted off the ground with her on it! She flew like Alladin on a magic carpet ride for about 20 yards and was "smooshed" onto the track with the whole big mat on top of her. Her coaches didn't lift the mat, thinking she was likely dead... however, she walked away with zero injuries!
- Favorite Food: cheese, and chocolate. No wonder she works here!
- Favorite Wine: Mellow reds like Mont Pellier Pinot Noir; viognier for whites.
- Favorite Beer: German brews or stouts. Weihenstephaner.
- Hometown: Winterset, Iowa
- Love to travel! Doesn’t matter where.
- Played golf at Illinois State! Go Redbirds!
- Convinced she is allergic to “hops” in beer.
- Favorite Food: Hasen’t met a cheese she didn’t like!
- Favorite Wine: As of now… the best red she's had so far is Prisoner by Orin Swift. Best white would have to be Tenshen white blend, but this changes every week...
- Favorite Beer: Exile Cherry Bohemian Sour
- Hometown: Jordyn is from Amboy, Illinois a town of 2,000. To this day Amboy doesn’t have a stop light or a chain restaurant!
- "About Katie" coming soon.
- Has crossed 3 continents by train.
- Has been within 30 feet of both the Queen of England and the King of Spain!
- Walked the Camino de Santiago.
- Came in 2nd best while taking surfing lessons in New Zealand with a friend who has a fake leg.
- Favorite Wines: White - Albarino from the Rias Baixas area of Spain (awesome with seafood). Red - Old world style Pinot Noir and D'Arenberg's Dead Arm Shiraz
- Favorite Beer: CoCoNut Porter from Maui Brewing Company and Dead Guy Ale from Rogue
- Favorite Food: His Grandma's homemade Mac 'n Cheese
- Hometown: Ottumwa, Iowa
Nick (Manager, National Trainer WineStyles Tasting Station)
- Graduated culinary school with honors and studied in France on the Marge Anderson Culinary Scholarship. (France is what sparked his interest in the wine scene.)
- Lived in Las Vegas for a year and worked in Emeril Lagasse's New Orleans Fish house. Also while in Las Vegas, took an eight week wine course through the University of Las Vegas, which ignited his passion for wine.
- Has met Mario Batali!
- Favorite Food: Tapas. Food, to him, is meant to be shared and enjoyed with the people around, and that is what tapas are all about.
- Favorite Wine: Loves it all, but if he were held hostage and forced to choose, he would choose Amarone Della Valpolicella.
- Favorite Beer: Prairie Artisan Ales: Apple Brandy Noir.
- Hometown: Ankeny, Iowa.
- "About Lindsey" coming soon!
- "About Kevin" coming soon!
- "About Gina" coming soon!
- "About Todd" coming soon!
- "About Meghan" coming soon!
- "About Gavin" coming soon!